Saturday 28 January 2012

'...and you're saying it too loudly'.

CAUTION: Yen's blog contains harsh language and even harsher notions of propriety. Reader discretion is advised.

So yeah. Regular readers will have noticed a distinct lack of normal posting this month. And without off-topic posts, World Of Blackout becomes another film-review blog (which is what I don't want, largely because I don't think I do it well enough for it to be the main thread).

Bottom line is, I'm just not that inspired to write at the moment.


That's just a fact, by the way, I'm not having a teenage sulk.
Where my main focus of 2010 was reading more books, and 2011 was all about watching movies, the year's pet-project is Star Wars. All of it.

My thing for 2012 is a little bit of Star Wars every day. For 366 days in a row, I will either watch, read or play something from the GFFA. At the moment, I'm watching an episode of The Clone Wars each day (in chronological story order), and that alone will take me up 'til the end of March. After that, I've got novels, comics and games to go through (some for the first time, many not), and of course The Phantom Menace 3D comes out in a couple of weeks. Add on the figures and the trading cards and stickers, and that's a full time hobby, right there.

Anyway, my point is that it doesn't make for interesting blogging*1, and so I haven't got much to blab about at the moment.

The cinema reviews will continue, mainly as a way of keeping me writing, and I'm aiming to post something more creative every month (although January's project will be posted at the start of February, just to keep it visible on the page for four weeks).

Normal levels of sarcasm and bad taste will resume as the year progresses.


Yen
Blackout Towers,
2012.

*1 Although if you want interesting blogging, I'm surprised you're here to be honest.

DISCLAIMERS:
• ^^^ That's dry, British humour, and most likely sarcasm or facetiousness.

• This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own thoughts (at the time of writing) and not those of the people, institutions or organisations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment