Saturday 2 February 2013

Review: Lincoln

World of Blackout 77-Word Film Review

Lincoln Poster

Lincoln
Cert: 12A / 150 mins / Dir. Steven Spielberg



That's the second film this year with an engaging start, a spectacular end, and a dialogue-heavy mid-section that had me thinking 'Okay, you know where this is going, I certainly do, so how about you stop fucking talking about it and show me?'

Don't get me wrong, all of the performances are outstanding, but the film loses much-needed power in dawdling.

'Be excellent to each other. And… party on dudes.'



Is the trailer representative of the film?
Yes.


Did I laugh, cry, gasp and sigh when I was supposed to?
Mostly.


Does it achieve what it sets out to do?
Yes.


Pay at the cinema, Rent on DVD or just wait for it to be on the telly?
DVD.


Will I think less of you if we disagree about how good/bad this film is?
No.


Will I watch it again?
…No.


Is there a Wilhelm Scream?
No.


And because you won't be happy until I've given it a score...


DISCLAIMERS:
• ^^^ That's dry, British humour, and most likely sarcasm or facetiousness.
• Yen's blog contains harsh language and even harsher notions of propriety. Reader discretion is advised.
• This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own thoughts (at the time of writing) and not those of the people, institutions or organisations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment