Tuesday 29 January 2013

Review*: The Impossible

World of Blackout 77-Word Film Review

The Impossible Poster

The Impossible
Cert: 12A / 113 mins / Dir. Juan Antonio Bayona



Okay, we read your script and we LOVE it, there's just a couple of little changes we want to make. Kids on a tropical island? That's great, but their mom's a doctor? Who likes a doctor? Nobody, that's who! Doctors SUCK! So we make her... a SCIENTIST! Kids love science!
And we don't make it about a tsunami, we make it about DINOSAURS and we call it...
Jurassic! Park! Four!*

Is the trailer representative of the film?
*ish*.


Did I laugh, cry, gasp and sigh when I was supposed to?
No.


Does it achieve what it sets out to do?
Yes.


Pay at the cinema, Rent on DVD or just wait for it to be on the telly?
DVD.


Will I think less of you if we disagree about how good/bad this film is?
No.


Will I watch it again?
No.


Is there a Wilhelm Scream?
No.


And because you won't be happy until I've given it a score...


* Well, I say 'review'. I can see what everybody else loves about The Impossible, but I didn't really like it if Im being honest. I found it slightly irritating, slightly too often. Make if that what you will. Anyhow, if the main body of the post made any sense to you, you have great taste in obscure 1990's television comedy. This footnote doesn't count as part of the 77 words, by the way. Obviously.

DISCLAIMERS:
• ^^^ That's dry, British humour, and most likely sarcasm or facetiousness.
• Yen's blog contains harsh language and even harsher notions of propriety. Reader discretion is advised.
• This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own thoughts (at the time of writing) and not those of the people, institutions or organisations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment