Saturday 24 November 2012

BFS Trilogy: Things to do in Denton when you're Undead

CAUTION: Yen's blog contains harsh language and even harsher notions of propriety. Reader discretion is advised.

Hello. It's here.

Part three of my Bowling For Soup art-trilogy-thing.
You can see part one here, and part two here.
This is what they've been building towards.

Remember last year when I did the picture of Resident Elvis, and I said it was a test-run for a bigger project? This was it. It's been laying dormant in my brain for a couple of years now, and was finally resuscitated by ZomBeadle.

Bowling for Soup: Things To Do In Denton When You're Undead, movie one-sheet.
The movie-poster one-sheet.
Click for bigger, 1499*1012px, 446kb, Opens in new window.

Bowling for Soup: Things To Do In Denton When You're Undead, graphic novel cover.
The graphic novel cover.
Click for bigger, 1012*1499px, 402kb, Opens in new window.

So, obviously you get the vibe I'm going for this time around, less GTA, more TWD. Originally, Jaret was going to be a priest holding a bible in one hand and a gun in the other, but I soon realised that a figure dressed in black wasn't going to stand out against the desaturated zombies. Thus Mr. Reddick became a cop.

Bowling for Soup: Things To Do In Denton When You're Undead, Jaret character-sheet poster.
The Jaret character-sheet poster.

Bowling for Soup: Things To Do In Denton When You're Undead, Erik character-sheet poster.
The Erik character-sheet poster.

Bowling for Soup: Things To Do In Denton When You're Undead, Gary character-sheet poster.
The Gary character-sheet poster.

Bowling for Soup: Things To Do In Denton When You're Undead, Chris character-sheet poster.
The Chris character-sheet poster.

I'm very happy with how these have turned out, for now anyway. In a couple of years I'll probably look at them and roll my eyes at the techniques I've used, but if future-me has proved anything, it's that he's an idiot. He can't appreciate the moment. That said, past-me is also an idiot who spends too much time appreciating the moment. Only *I* am great.

What's that? My working-out? This is the digital-age, we don't have... oh.
Bowling for Soup: Things To Do In Denton When You're Undead, sketchbook.
Even in 2012, we're still using "pens". I know, crazy.

Bowling for Soup: Things To Do In Denton When You're Undead, colour-layers.
This time round, each figure starts as a line-drawing, capturing the key details, and then each area has a base-colour and one highlight and lowlight. It leads to some sharp gradations of colour, but looks much cleaner.

As before, they've been hand-vectored in CorelDraw.




Yes, I am good to you, I know.
Below for wallpaper-displays for your various modern devices. Images open in a new window, or you can right-click and save-as.
If I've missed out an important size/format, give me a shout and I'll sort it.

3:4 Ratio Monitor @ 1024*768px, click below for other sizes 3:4 Ratio Monitor @ 1024*768px 3:4 Ratio Monitor @1280*960px 3:4 Ratio Monitor @ 1600*1200px 3:4 Ratio Monitor @ 1248*1536px Widescreen Monitor @ 1280*800px Widescreen Monitor @ 1440*900px Widescreen Monitor @ 1680*1050px Widescreen Monitor @ 1920*1200px Widescreen Monitor @ 1280*800px, click below for other sizes Android Phone wallpaper @640*480px (scrollable) iPhone wallpaper @320*480px iPad wallpaper @ 1024*1024px (rotatable) Android Tablet wallpaper @ 12080*1280px (rotatable)



By all means share these around etc, but leave the webside idents on the images and credit me where possible, please. You know it makes sense.

As usual, feel free to leave lovely words in the comment-box below, I appreciate those.
Oh, and you're very welcome.


DISCLAIMERS:
• ^^^ That's dry, British humour, and most likely sarcasm or facetiousness.

• This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own thoughts (at the time of writing) and not those of the people, institutions or organisations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.

2 comments:

  1. I borrowed one of your graphics to tweak and use as an album cover for my collection of BFS bonus tracks and b-sides. Since this was just for my own personal use I didn't put a pic on my blog (Where I could link to your goodness here)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's cool, glad you liked it :)

    ReplyDelete