Friday 25 March 2011

115: Geek Detour, Part II

CAUTION: Yen's blog contains harsh language and even harsher notions of propriety. Reader discretion is advised.


Dear Bowling For Soup, my friends say this is obsessive, whereas I say it's almost complete*. Which of us is right?

Bowling for Soup CDs. Click for bigger.
^^ Click for bigger (765kb), opens in new tab/window.

DVD-Size Cases:
1. The Great Burrito Extortion Case (Sony China Release)
2. Live & Very Attractive (2 disc version, Region 0)

Row One:
3. Gary & The Wisemen, 1997 album
4. Bowling For Soup (self-titled)
5. Cell Mates
6. Rock On, Honorable Ones! (FFROE Ppressing)
7. Rock On, Honorable Ones! (UK MfN Pressing, 2003)
8. Tell Me When To Whoa!
9. Let's Do it for Johnny! (Promo)
10. Let's Do it for Johnny!
11. Let's Do it for Johnny! (Japan release, bonus tracks)
12. The Bitch Song (Promo)
13. The Bitch Song (Promo)

Row Two:
14. The Bitch Song (UK CD Single)
15. Girl All The Bad Guys Want (UK CD1)
16. Girl All The Bad Guys Want (UK CD2)
17. Drunk Enough to Dance (UK release, pre-Punk Rock 101)
18. Girl All The Bad Guys Want (USA Promo DVD)
19. Rare Enough to Dance (k*shots custom)
20. Emily (UK Promo CD)
21. Emily (UK CD1)
22. Emily (UK CD2)
23. Punk Rock 101 (UK CD Single)
24. Punk Rock 101 (USA DVD Single)

Row Three:
25. Here We Go (Japan Promo)
26. BFS Goes to the Movies
27. Alice@97.3 Promo CD (exclusive acoustic version of 1985)
28. 1985 (UK CD Single, 3-tracks + video)
29. A Hangover You Don't Deserve
30. A Hangover You Don't Deserve (USA DualDisc Release)
31. The Rare Stuff You Don't Deserve (k*shots custom)
32. Almost (UK CD Single)
33. Ohio (USA Promo)
34. Live & Very Attractive (3 Disc Pizza Box Edition)
35. Live & Very Attractive (3 Disc UK Promo CD/DVD)

Row Four:
36. Father Christmas (Promo disc via the UK store, custom cover)
37. High School Never Ends (UK CD Single & Promo DVD)
38. The Great Burrito Extortion Case
39. I'm Gay (Promo DVD)
40. I'm Gay (UK CD Single)
41. London Bridge (UK Promo CD)
42. Tuned Magazine exclusive acoustic CD
43. When We Die (USA Promo CD & Promo DVD)
44. Phineas & Ferb long+short theme songs (k*shots custom)
45. My Wena (USA Promo CD)
46. My Wena (USA Promo DVD)

Row Five:
47. My Wena (UK Promo CD)
48. No Hablo Inglés (USA Promo CD)
49. Sorry For Partyin' (UK release)
50. Sorry For Partyin' (Japan release, bonus track & DVD)
51. And Sorry for More, B-Sides (k*shots custom)
---. Harrington, my alter-ego at the BFS Army
52. 2009 UK Tour VIP CD
53. 2010 UK Acoustic Tour VIP Podcast CD
54. 2010 UK Acoustic Tour merch-stand CD
55. Merry Flippin' Christmas Vol.1
56. Playlist: The Very Best of BFS

That's pretty much it. There are a couple of other promos with the same artwork so I didn't include them. Primarily, I'm a covers-man. If it looks different, I want it.

As with the Star Wars DVDs, this is more of a reference for my peeps at the BFS Army than a blogpost in itself. Also, I'm not claiming to have more than everybody else, it's just my collection and it makes me smile.

As with most things in this life, the fun is in the hunt.
Ciao!


* I'm only joking... I don't really have friends. I used to, but they wouldn't all stand in height-order when they were together, so I had to ditch them. I realise now that I was a fool over this, of course.
I should have made them stand in the alphabetical order of their names...


DISCLAIMERS:
• ^^^ That's dry, British humour, and most likely sarcasm or facetiousness.

• This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own thoughts (at the time of writing) and not those of the people, institutions or organizations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.

11 comments:

  1. I am so envious of you. The only BfS thing I have is a copy of Fishin' for Woos signed by Gary Wiseman, which I got at an acoustic set in Baltimore. Surprised to see Gary there, but yeah. Were you by any chance there? Because there was some extremely devoted British fan.

    Peace,

    Zach


    PS check out my blog http://theblogofawesomenss.blogspot.com/

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Zach,
    Nah, that wasn't me I'm afraid. From my experience? The best way to get stuff signed is to hang around after the shows (if your transport permits). Generally you'll get to see everyone. Not necessarily at the same time, but they've always signed stuff for me in the past.

    You've also got to bear in mind: this collection spans about 8-9 years. Every disc in the photo has been available on Ebay at som epoint (it's not where I got 'all' of them, but I've definitely seen them all there). If they've been there in the past, they'll be there in the future.

    Patience is the collector's friend ;)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hello there, awesome collection! I'm actually in the process of ripping all my BFS stuff and putting it in my iTunes.

    I downloaded the 'Rare Enough To Dance' and 'Rare Stuff You Don't Deserve' years ago from Kamikaze Shots...it appears as though I never got the artwork for 'Rare Stuff'...is there any chance you have hi-res artwork for that??? Actually, I think the 'Rare Enough' artwork came in a pdf, so if you have something better, I'd be grateful for that as well.

    If it's not too much trouble, please visit my site (link included) and e-mail me there. I'm kind of a super geek collector though I'm also lazy about burning discs and making covers for bootleg stuff right away. I'd love to be able to make these two BFS titles look awesome in my collection. Thanks!

    ReplyDelete
  4. I missed out on "Rare Enough To Dance" & "Rare Stuff You Don't Deserve" do you know where I might be able to download these? Been a BFS fan for over 12 years and own every studio album (except Bowling For Soup). Any help would be more than appreciated.

    smclemenson@gmail.com

    ReplyDelete
  5. How did you get the self-titled album?

    Where can I get one? (I know there out of print)

    If I can't get one, can you send me good pictures of the album (front and back), and the CD?

    -Matt (mryan1992@bellsouth.net)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Not sure whether this will be seen as the blog post is years old but would you be open to sharing files for the impossible to get albums? Kamikaze shots is down and I can't find Rare Enough To Dance for the life of me.

    ReplyDelete
  7. Not a problem Andrew, here's RETD: [click]

    ReplyDelete
  8. Thanks so much! I kinda don't wanna ask about others cause I don't want to put you out or seem expectant (which I'm not). But BFS are my absolute favourite band so I was wondering if you could share a couple others that are hard to come by. mainly the tuned magazine acoustics and sorry for more b-sides. I'd offer some in return but I have a feeling you aren't in need of many BFS songs. haha

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It's all good, here's SFMBS: [Click]. Not sure I'm familiar with the Tuned magazine tracks; don't seem to have anything labelled as that. Do you know what the tracklisting was?

      Delete
    2. The tuned magazine thing is 42 in your list. I don't know the tracks cause I haven't heard of it before to be honest. Haha.

      Delete
    3. Haha, it's been a long day. I wasn't looking at the pic/tracklist, only in my music drive. The EP has an acoustic version of When We Die, and regular full-band versions of Good To Be Me and Straight To Video, and is here: [Click]. It's tracks only, but let me know if you want a scan of the cover.

      Delete