Saturday 10 September 2011

223: Twenty Six Love Letters to Star Wars

CAUTION: Yen's blog contains harsh language and even harsher notions of propriety. Reader discretion is advised.

The A-to-Z of the GFFA.

And there we have it; after six months, The A to Z of the Galaxy Far, Far Away is complete.
Twenty six love letters to everything Star Wars.

Initially, it was an exercise to get me writing more. I set a target of a thousand words for each post, partly because I'm a bit OCD like that, but I mainly wanted a way of ensuring I didn't give up on a subject after three hundred and fifty words. Once I'd started writing, I decided I wanted to give them all a positive spin, too. There's so much whining about SW on the internet already, I disagree with most of it and it certainly doesn't need to be added to. In addition to these loose rules there's also no bad language in the A-Z posts, despite the standard disclaimer in the header of each one. Actually, there's a tiny bit in 'T is for Trauma', but it's used in good spirits, and it's nothing you won't hear in a 12A film, anyway.

Some posts are informational, some retrospective, some humourous and some opinionated. But they're all what I love about Star Wars. You don't have to agree with them all, and any factual errors in there are down to my own poor recollections or bad research. There are still some subjects I haven't tackled, but without doing another A-Z or bolting on a 0-9 series, they'll have to wait. Besides, what will I do for 'Z' next time?

So all that remains is for me to thank the folks at Lucasfilm for giving me stuff to distract me from my inevitable death, and to thank you, dear reader, for trawling through my incoherent gushing about those space movies. If you haven't trawled through them yet, go and do it now, and earn yourself those thanks. You can hurl mockery and abuse through the comments section, or come and find me on the social networking sites that all the kids are using these days.

I heart Star Wars.

The Mighty Blackout,
2011.


A-Z Index PageA is for ArthurB is for BestC is for CockneyD is for DelegationE is for Eternal LifeF is for FluffyG is for GreedH is for HairyI is for InkJ is for JustificationK is for KickassL is for Lignan CrystalsM is for Microscopic LifeformsN is for NelvanaO is for OdeonP is for Pret-a-PorterQ is for QuietusR is for Reaction TimeS is for Shoulder PadsT is for TraumaU is for UniqueV is for VastidityW is for WisdomX is for XanthodonticY is for YounglingZ is for Zealot


DISCLAIMERS:
• ^^^ That's dry, British humour, and most likely sarcasm or facetiousness.

• Photos and videos appearing in this blog post are for informational and reference purposes only, and no ownership of copyright is claimed or implied by me. The intellectual and physical copyright of such material belongs to its creators and owners.

• This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own thoughts (at the time of writing) and not those of the people, institutions or organizations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment