Tuesday 9 August 2011

204: Review - Captain America (Second Pass)

CAUTION: Yen's blog contains harsh language and even harsher notions of propriety. Reader discretion is advised.

Captain America poster

Captain America (2D)
06 August 2011. Location: Cinema

A second time viewing for The Captain, and not much to add from my previous review. I found myself missing the 3D, knowing that those moments where the shield comes flying at the screen aren't quite as effective as before.

Regarding the geography, it was a little clearer the second time around since I wasn't (as) distracted by all the shouting and explosions. The to-ing and fro-ing between the military camp in Italy and the East End of London doesn't seem to make a lot of sense, but hey.
Also, could someone with flight-navigational experience help me out please? If you were flying from Switzerland to New York, would it be quicker to go over the Arctic Circle? I know that the curvature of the Earth means this kind of thing is frequently the case, I just don't know if it applies for this actual journey. That's the only reason I can see for The Cap crashing the Red Skull's stealth-jet where he does.

Oh, and bird-strike. I'm reliably informed that this is still an issue to this day, where a pigeon etc is drawn into a propeller and causes massive prop-damage, potential engine-damage, and in extreme cases can even bring down the craft. The Red Skull's flying bombs have a prop (and drive-shaft) so powerful if can vaporise a human, including his badass leather outfit completely, without missing a rotation. This wouldn't be an issue if The Cap didn't then fly the same craft back into the stealth-jet's damaged hull, where the props snap off and the craft came to a standstill with a minimum of fuss/destruction. It's not a biggie, I'm just saying.

As before...
6/7

DISCLAIMERS:
• ^^^ That's dry, British humour, and most likely sarcasm or facetiousness.

• This is a personal blog. The views and opinions expressed here represent my own thoughts (at the time of writing) and not those of the people, institutions or organizations that I may or may not be related with unless stated explicitly.

No comments:

Post a Comment